soapUI Exception in thread "XpcMessageLoop" in Ubuntu
If you use Ubuntu (and this probably happens in other Linux ditros as well) and soapUI spits out a
Exception in thread "XpcMessageLoop" java.lang.NullPointerException, here's a simple "fix" for it: edit
bin/soapui.sh and uncomment the line
# JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true"
so that it becomes
This is something I've ran into a few times in the past and I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet but I decided to document it here anyway, at least for my own future reference, since apparently I'll have to do it every time I download a new version of soapUI.